Friday, April 18, 2008

Tiff's Travel Extravaganza

During the first half of April this year, I dared to take my 2 year old son alone and attempt a tri-city trek to see ALL my Gunnerson and Warnick family. I dare say I was quite successful, but also quite exhausted and about as soon as we walked in the door at home to a newly cleaned house (I love you Clark) Caleb and I got sick!!!! Anyway here is my blog dedicated to the trip.

The first stop on this whirlwind tour was Denver - my homeland, my Mecca, my hometown, my favorite city in the U.S. - to celebrate my Grandmother's 90th birthday. And seriously, my grandmother may be 90 in human years but she is much younger in mind and spirit. She still hands down cute clothes to me that I love to wear, she still does dishes for me when she is in town, and she still does my mom's laundry whenever she sees the need. Gigi, as Caleb and her other grandsons call her, truly deserved the big birthday bash we threw for her.



After partying it up in Denver for about a week we flew to Salt Lake City to let Caleb hang out with the Gunnerson Clan. Then Caleb and I drove to Las Vegas to stay with with the two Las Vegas Gunnerson families (Clark's brother Spencer's family who has a daughter a few months older than Caleb and Clark's sister Amy's family who just had a baby girl who was getting blessed, Caleb's newest cousin Ava).

On Saturday the family decided to hike the scenic red rocks by Vegas (not to be confused with the famous Red Rocks of Denver - although to be honest they looked quite similar: both really pretty). While we were eating our picnic lunch we realized that Nora, Caleb, and Keith had disappeared. We quickly found them scaling a rock skyscraper and getting anxious to jump. Before I coaxed Caleb down we all had to get some shots of Nora and Caleb who became fast friends and co-conspirators. I think that of all Caleb's cousins he and Nora look the most alike. What do you all think?





Although it was a really, really long trip I am so glad I got to see, and more important Caleb got to reintroduce himself to, the family. The older he gets the more I know he remembers. The entire airplane ride home he kept asking to play with Nora. Someday we will all live close together and our kids can play together whenever they want - or at least that is what I keep telling myself. But at least for now, thank goodness for cheap airplane tickets and family events that allow us all to be together!!!!

3 comments:

Marleen said...

The first thing Nora says after she woke up the morning you two left was, "where's Caleb?" She loves your little man. Thanks for making the trek and I think you are right about them looking the most alike.

Vicki said...

What a fun time we had! Sorry you and Caleb got sick and hope you're better now. Mom G.

Amy said...

We miss you guys already but I'm sure you're so happy to finally be home! Tell Clark we really need to do the AFV thing. I know our video would win!