Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Got Talent????

A few weeks ago Caleb participated in his first Primary activity/talent show. Here are a few pictures from the event.


Caleb's talent was singing "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" with Clark on guitar and me on backup vocals.


We soon learned two things that I wish I would have known before we sang:
#1 that Caleb is very particular about the placement of his technical equiptment and fighting him on this would result in #2 that Caleb has no problem screaming into a microphone to air his grievances.


After Caleb won the mic placement battle we sang wonderfully (I am pretty sure everyone only heard Caleb if you can't tell by where he decided to put the mic).

All in all we had a great time and really enjoyed some of the other acts of the night. Below are a few of the highlights from the evening.


My good friends, Stacy and Janielle, and a few others attempting to whistle after stuffing a few saltine crackers in their mouths.


This was a very moving interpretive dance.


And these were some pretty darn funny "joke fairies".


Two boys from the primary class I am teaching decided to play Rockband for us all to appreciate. Who knew videogames could be featured in a talent show?

The last talent I wish I had a picture of was a Jedi light saber demonstration by two boys.
If you can't tell, the night was pretty amusing - gotta love primary. I'm really enjoying Caleb being a Sunbeam.

4 comments:

The Tait Family said...

Oh so cute! You got some great shots. Darn you for putting the cracker one up, but it is pretty funny.

Vicki said...

I'm glad you had such a fun time and that Caleb is not a shy performer!

Marleen said...

I think Caleb is definitely on his way to be the next American Idol! I'm sure he literally stole the show.

We have an upcoming talent show too. This gets me all exited for it.

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh! Too funny. I didn't know you were back in the Conway Ward. Give me a call sometime! I would love to hang out!