We took Caleb to Sea World for the first time this last Friday.
At first his only interest was in studying the park map despite a pool of dolphins swimming around just behind him. But once he had committed the park map to memory he began to take in the more exciting aspects of the park.
At first his only interest was in studying the park map despite a pool of dolphins swimming around just behind him. But once he had committed the park map to memory he began to take in the more exciting aspects of the park.
Here we see Caleb and Tiffany after a short walk up to the second floor of the net and tunnel playground at Shamu's Happy Harbor. The nets and tunnels actually extended about three stories high and, had we let him, Caleb would have stayed there all day.

This was by far Caleb's favorite part of the park. He led Tiffany and Clark separately up and down the many different nets and tunnels that were there. And despite their fatigue, he was still wanting more when we left.

Caleb was acutely aware of the subtle discrimination against people of his size at parks like these and made a noble attempt to convince park workers that he was of sufficient height to get on the rides. Luckily, despite his failed attempt, he only needed the accompaniment of a competent adult and so was able to ride anyway.

And lastly, what would a trip to Sea World be without a visit to the Budweiser stables where Caleb was able to see the world famous Budweiser clydesdales and their trusty companion, the Budweiser donkey.
11 comments:
Caleb has grown so much!!! He's adorable. And of course, I love the commentary!
These pictures are deja vu! Caleb looks so much like Clark did at that age - it's amazing. You really have to get a pic of him sitting on a post and wearing a Sea World hat and then frame it next to the one of Clark in the same pose! Thanks for the memories! Mom
Caleb's hair is so long. I love it. This has been by far Nora's favorite post. Thanks for sharing.
It is so fun to see what you guys are up to! Caleb is so cute! We miss you guys so much! Love you!
I am glad you guys are taking advantage of all the fun in Florida. It looks like you had a great time. I love caleb's hair. I always want my boys to have long curly hair, but their hair just gets to scraggly before it ever gets cute and I cut it off!
Cute, cute family! I can't wait to have my own blog pictures to post at Sea World with our favorite people the G's! When are we going?
I am very glad that Rexford is not quite ready for the nets! They look exhausting! We're just sticking with the carousel and sand area :)
I can't believe how big Caleb is! I loved all of the pictures. Sea World looks fun. We weren't planning on going there but after seeing your pictures we might have to find a way to go before we leave this summer. Does your grandfather still live in Gainesville? If so please call us if you are ever in the area. We would love to have you guys over for dinner or meet you somewhere.
Very cute! Looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait until Kevin & I can take Nathan to the parks.
You've been tagged so take a look at my sight to see what you need to do.
Hey Tiffany...Karyn just told me about your blog. Your little boy is so darn cute! It was really fun to see you last month in Florida. I, like you, have just felt disconnected and disjointed since the end of Mitt's candidacy. Looks like a really fun day at Sea World, though. Isn't everything just amazing with kids? It makes an ordinary day magical!
Post a Comment