He's Here!!!!!!
Eli Walter Gunnerson
Born: January 13, 2009 8:50 AM
Weight: 7 pounds 12.5 ounces
Length: 20 inches
So my newest little man decided to come early Tuesday morning - almost exactly a week early. I woke up at 2 am with serious contractions 5-7 mins apart. By the time I brushed my teeth and got to the hospital the contractions were 3-5 mins apart and I was 6 cm dilated. After that it was a mad dash for the anesthesiologist to get an epidural before it was too late. Unfortunately for me the epidural pumps wouldn't work so a 5-10 minute procedure ended up taking 45 minutes and my nurse estimated I was dilated to an 8 or 9 by the time I finally got the drugs in my system. Towards the end I started talking a little crazy, asking him every 3 mins how long it would take for the medicine to work. After that the labor was really a cake walk.
Eli Walter is named Eli for a few reasons. Eli is the name of my maternal great grandfather. Clark and I have always felt a special bond to my great grandfather because Clark was able to transcribe and translate his French missionary journal (Clark went to France on his mission as well). When we had Caleb we liked the name Eli but didn't think our little Caleb fit the bill. Walter is the first name of Clark's maternal grandfather (as well as Clark's brother's middle name).
Eli is an amazing baby - he loves to be warm and cuddled, hates wet diapers, eats every 3-4 hours, takes a pacifier, and was born knowing how to breastfeed like a champ. When we left the hospital on Thursday his wieght was 7 pounds 4 ounces but by his one week appt on Monday he was almost 8 pounds. Doing motherhood the second time around is so nice. I know what I am doing and can sit back and enjoy my little miracle more than I remember last time. I feel so blessed to be the mama of such adorable boys and the wife of such a great father. Lucky me lucky me.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Introducing Eli Walter Gunnerson
Posted by tiffandclark at 1:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Clark & Tiff--so happy for you and can't wait to meet the new little man! Love you lots, Wendy
Congrats Tiff! He is so cute. Karrie forwarded me some pictures you sent her of Eli. What a sweet little baby.
Congrats Clark and Tiffany!! We are sure excited for you!! What a handsome little man you have there!! I am glad that things are going so well for you!
Yay! Congrats on your little guy. He is a cutie!!
Yeah!!! Congratulations, I am so happy for you guys! Can't wait to see him soon and glad to hear you're doing well. Call me anytime if you need anything at all.
Congrats Tiffany :). Wow! He is workin' some hair... Had to wait nearly a year for either of mine to sprout what seemed like half an inch of fuzz. Cute! How is big brother taking to his new sibling?
I love that little man! He is super cute!! Congrats Gunnerson fam!
Congratulations!!! He is so cute.
Congratulations! He's a cutie.
Congrats on your adorable little guy! I'm glad things are going so well for you. I bet you're so glad to be done with the pregnancy!
I've been meaning to call you and THANK YOU for the food you dropped off right before you left for the airport. That was so kind! I really do hope you're able to get the residency Clark wants (which is here right?) :)
He is such a cute little man already. I can't wait to see him. I hope plans are in order for your next visit soon (fyi we'll be in Utah conference weekend). Congrats and way to go to hold out till the end. You are one tough mama.
Yeah, another handsome Gunnerson boy. Of course I love the name, and what a cute boy to go with it. Congratulations. I am glad everything went well (kind of!!!!!).
We are so excited for you, and I can't wait to get my hands on him next month!!!
We are so excited for you! And I can't wait to get my hands on him next month!!!
Congrats! I'm so embarrassed that I'm just now posting this but I always seem to be behind on everything, including reading my friends' blogs. I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment